- GMP in association with Damar Training, will be in college at lunchtime today in the Conference Room. They will be delivering a presentation about the different types of Apprenticeships available within Greater Manchester Police.
Tuesday 6th March
- â€˜Careers in Engineeringâ€™ Talk from a BT Engineer; a classroom session with the Physics and Mathematics students looking at existing, and exciting upcoming careers in this sector.
- â€˜The City Aspirations Programmeâ€™ will also commence today for our L6 Business students. The Programme which is delivered in association with â€˜City in the Communityâ€™ will be delivered both here at Connell, and with some sessions delivered at the Etihad. The Programme is designed to engage young people in Business and raise aspirations for those who are choosing to go on to Higher Education. Within the project, they utilise the prominence of Manchester City Football Club to show that working within the Football Industry , consists of many distinct roles.
Wednesday 7th March
- A Medical Futures Event â€“ The East Manchester Medical Day- 1.15pm-6.30pm. Connell Sixth Form College is delighted to host this event which will be attended by a group of our own aspiring medics plus Year 10/11 students from local schools. The students will engage in interactive workshops , and have the chance to liaise with medics and medical school students.
- Today also sees the start of our Applied Science Aim Higher Programme for L6 students. This programme consists of a series of talks and interactive workshops aimed at enabling our young people to explore their post-18 options, to introduce them to a variety of different STEM opportunities & careers, and to prepare them for â€˜the world of workâ€™.
Thursday 8th March
- A Careers Awareness Day at KPMG– Our Career Ready students and other L6 students will be spending the day at KPMG- A â€˜Times 100â€™ Employer and one of the â€˜Big Fourâ€™ Audit/Advisory and Professional services Firms
Friday 9th March
- The â€˜Googleâ€™ Bus will be at Connell for the whole Day! Our Business and Computer Science students will be attending different interactive sessions throughout the day which will include, An introduction to Digital Advertising, building a digital marketing plan, and looking at Social Media Strategies.
Lots of other exciting NCW opportunities will be advertised to our students throughout the week! BRING ON #NCW2018