Level 3 BTEC – Health and Social Care
Do you have aspirations to work in a care setting or go on to a degree programme in health and social care? If so, this is just the course for you â€¦
WHAT WILL I STUDY?
You will study the following 8 core units in the first year plus a vocational unit. Your second year will consist of 9 optional units.
- Developing effective communication in health and social care
- Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
- Health, safety and security in health and social care
- Development through life stages
- Fundamentals of anatomy and physiology for health and social care
- Personal and professional development in health and social care
- Sociological perspectives for health and social care
- Psychological perspectives for health and social care
- Values and planning.
Work experience forms part of this course.
Assessment is all coursework with no exam. You will build up a portfolio of assignments over the two year course; each assignment being graded Pass, Merit or Distinction.
FUTURE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES:
This course provides a basis for progression into higher education and careers in health care and social care.
To study the BTEC Applied Science programme you will need to achieve 5 GCSEs grade 4 or above, including English, Maths and Science.
This subject will take two years to complete.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org