Level 3 BTEC – Health and Social Care
Health & Social Care may sound like a course only for social workers and nurses, but it has, in reality a much wider relevance than that.
WHAT WILL I STUDY?
Health & Social Care provides a recognised qualiļ¬cation for career training in many allied professions and will develop your knowledge, understanding and skills to meet the needs of the sector and also the academic requirements to study at university.
You will look in detail at the role of a Health and Social Care worker, their relationship and responsibilities towards patients / service users and the wider Health and Social Care sector. Units studied will include:
- Developing eļ¬ective communication in health and social care
- Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
- Health, safety and security in health and social care
- Development through life stages
- Anatomy and physiology for health and social care
- Personal and professional development for health and social care
- Sociological perspectives for health and social care
- Psychological perspectives for health and social care
You will participate in 100 hours of work placement in a Health and Social Care setting of your choice. These hours will be completed over the 2 years of study.
You will examine how work experience can help you develop personal and professional skills, such as communication and teamwork, and to understand more about the expectations of diļ¬erent professional roles.
All units are internally assessed through a combination of written coursework, oral presentations and practical demonstrations.
FUTURE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES:
This is an extended Diploma speciļ¬cally for those who wish to progress to a health-related degree. The course will help prepare you for a range of university courses including Social Work, Nursing, Midwifery, Teacher Training, Psychology, Occupational Therapy and Social Policy.
To study the BTEC Applied Science programme you will need to achieve 5 GCSEs grade 4 or above, including English, Maths and Science.
This subject will take two years to complete.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org