We are delighted you have chosen to apply to Connell Sixth Form College. Please complete our application form and return via post to:
Connell Sixth Form College
301 Alan Turing Way
or email to:
Please note that we are also accepting applications through UCAS Progress for 2019/20.
All completed applications must be posted, emailed, or completed¬†online by Thursday¬†31st January 2019.
To study a Level 3 course at Connell, you need at least¬†5 GCSEs grade 4 or above, including English Language and Maths. Please note some subjects have¬†further¬†requirements. Refer to our “Subjects” page for more information on the courses we offer.
- I attended school abroad, can I come to Connell to study?
- Yes, however you will need a statement of comparability from¬†UK Naric. This document will provide us with the GCSE equivalent of your international qualifications. This document must show that you meet our entry criteria.
- I’ve dropped out of college and would like a fresh start at Connell, is this possible?
- Yes, however it will depend on the subjects you wish to study and your date of birth (you must be aged 16 or 17 when you start your course here). We will also ask for a reference from your previous college and you will be asked the circumstances regarding why you wish to re-start in your interview.
- I’ve applied but haven’t heard anything yet, can you help?
- You will receive confirmation receipt of your application via email, so make sure you check your ‘junk’ folder! Please be aware that during peak application times this may take a couple of weeks to arrive. If your application is accepted, an interview date will be arranged¬†within 6 weeks of receipt of your application.
- I’ve been made an offer, does this guarantee me a place at Connell?
- All offers made to students are conditional depending on your GCSE grades, you must meet our entry criteria in order to guarantee your place on enrolment day.
- Is it possible to resit my GCSEs at Connell?
- We only offer resit in GCSE English Languag or Maths. Depending on your other GCSE grades and your subject choices, you may do your resit alongside a Level¬†2 BTEC course, a Level 3 BTEC course or with certain A-level combinations.
If you have any further questions that are not covered by the FAQs or if you would like to find out more information about Connell, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us on¬†0161 231 9200.