Hello! We are delighted you have chosen to apply to Connell Sixth Form College.
There are two ways you can do this:
- via UCAS Progress, you will need to create your own profile in order to log on (many schools are using this system anyway). Applying through UCAS Progress will allow you to check the progress of your application electronically.
- Or by completing our application form, these can be returned via the post or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our entry criteria is 5 GCSE’s¬†at least¬†grade 4 (what was a¬†C), including English and Maths. Please note some subjects will have a specific requirement, please see our “Subjects” page for more information on the courses we offer.
All completed applications must be posted, emailed, or completed¬†online by Wednesday¬†31 January 2018.
- What are the equivalent grade’s for GCSE English and GCSE Maths now that exam boards are changing to numerical grades?
- We will be looking for at least a Grade 4 in both GCSE English and GCSE Maths.
- I’ve studied abroad, can I come to Connell to study A-Level’s/BTEC?
- Yes, however you will need a statement of comparability from a company called UK Naric. This document will provide us with the GCSE equivalent of your international qualifications. This document must show that you meet our entry criteria.
- I’ve dropped out of college and would like a fresh start at Connell, is this possible?
- Yes, however it will depend on the subjects you wish to study and your date of birth (you must be aged under 20 upon completion of the course). We will also ask for a reference from your previous college and you will be asked the circumstances regarding why you wish to re-start in your interview.
- I’ve applied but haven’t heard anything yet, can you help?
- You will receive confirmation receipt of your application through the post or via email (so make sure you check your ‘junk’ folder!). An interview date will also be arranged with you within 4-6 weeks of receipt of your application.
- I’ve been made an offer, does this guarantee me a place at Connell?
- All offers made to students are conditional depending on your GCSE grades, you must meet our entry criteria in order to guarantee your place on enrollment day.
- Is it possible to study A-level’s alongside a GCSE resit?
- Unfortunately no, we only offer a resit in GCSE English or Maths that would be studied alongside a Level¬†2 BTEC course. However each case would be treated individually during the interview process.
If you have any further questions that are not covered by the FAQ’s or if you would like to find out more information about Connell, please contact Ellie Appelqvist, Student Recruitment and Marketing Coordinator¬†at email@example.com,¬†or on 0161 231 9200.