There are two ways that you can apply to Connell for September 2017/8:
- via UCAS Progress, you will need to create your own profile in order to log on. Applying through UCAS Progress will allow to check the progress of your application electronically.
- Or by completing our application form, these can be returned via the post or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our entry criteria is 5 GCSE’s A*-C grades, including English and Maths (at least a Grade 4). Please note some subjects will have a specific requirement, please see our “Subjects” page for more information on the courses we offer.
All completed applications must be posted, emailed, or completedÂ online by TuesdayÂ 31 January 2017.
- What are the equivalent grade’s for GCSE English and GCSE Maths now that exam boards are changing to numerical grades? We will be looking for at least a Grade 4 in both GCSE English and GCSE Maths.
- I’ve studied abroad, can I come to Connell to study A-Level’s/BTEC? Yes, however you will need a statement of comparability from a company called UK Naric. This document will provide us with the GCSE equivalent of your international qualifications. This document must show that you meet our entry criteria.
- I’ve dropped out of college and would like a fresh start at Connell, is this possible? Yes, however it will depend on the subjects you wish to study, your date of birth (must be aged under 20 upon completion of the course). We will also ask for a reference from your previous college and you will be asked the circumstances regarding why you wish to re-start in your interview.
- I’ve applied but haven’t heard anything yet, can you help? You will receive confirmation receipt of your application through the post and via email. An interview date will also be arranged with you within 4-6 weeks of receipt of your application.
- I’ve been made an offer, does this guarantee me a place at Connell? All offers made to students are conditional, you must meet our entry criteria in order to guarantee your place on enrolment day.
- Is it possible to study A-level’s alongside a GCSE resit? Unfortunately no, we only offer a resit in GCSE English or Maths that would be studied alongside a Level 3 BTEC/A-Level course. However each case would be treated individually during the interview process.
If you have any further questions that are not covered by the FAQ’s or if you would like to find out more information about Connell. Please contact David Percival, Student Experience Manager at email@example.com.