Connell Sixth Form College is delighted to be working in conjunction withÂ the â€˜Social Mobility Foundationâ€™ and their â€˜Aspiring Professionals Programmeâ€™Â exclusively for Lower 6th students this year.
The SMF will be in to present onÂ Thursday 28th September @ lunchtime, in the Conference Room.
WeÂ cannot praise this programme enough!
All students who enrol on the programme would :
- Have a personal mentor (with relevant experience of their chosen subject) straight through college, until they graduate from University
- Attend numerous workshops to gain and/or strengthen Â social skills/employability skills. These workshops are held at large corporate businesses such as BNY, KPMG, Eversheds and so onâ€¦Â
- Attend Personal statement/UCAS workshops
- Opportunity to visit Oxford/Cambridge and to attend Oxbridge workshop
- Complete a work experience placement/internship
- Attend University Open days (all expenses paid)
- Have access to other career-related experiences
The Programme has had a really positive effect on those students who enrolled last year, all of whom have thoroughly embraced the programme and have flourished as a result! It would be a fantastic opportunity forÂ our new L6 students.
Watch the following video to see the benefits of joining the SMF ‘Aspiring Professionals Programme':
Aspiring Professionals Programme Applications for 2018 now open!
*Please note: eligibility criteria apply